This is a very versatile, healthy, vegan chocolate frosting for anyone wanting to top one of the recipes from my free e-book off with an extra layer of flavor!
In our house we tend to go "bare cake", but if I were to serve cake up to my father without icing of some sort, I would be written out of the will (and you think I am joking).
If you are a skeptic, I see you (yes, I can read your mind from here). If you think this is going to taste like do-do because how on Earth could you make a cake frosting that is made out of avocado taste good? My response: you don't know until you try it! So, here it is:
Avocado Chocolate Frosting
1 perfect quality ripe avocado
1/2 cup good unsweetened cocoa or cacao powder
1/2 cup organic maple or agave syrup (lower GI)
1/4 cup dark, milk, dark chocmint, or milk caramel and sea salt Isadelights; or cacao nibs; or chopped up dark sugar-free chocolate; or natural low sugar chocolate of your choosing
1. Place all three ingredients in a food processor and mix together, stopping to scrape down eh sides once or twice.
2. Stir in chocolate chips (if using).
3. The frosting is ready to spread immediately, but you can refrigerate if you think it needs to firm up.
4. Add a little water if it is too thick.
1. Place all ingredients in mixing bowl - speed 7-30 seconds.
2. Stir in chips (optional) once blended and smooth - speed 2-20 seconds.
3. If needed - stop and scrape down bowl sides and continue.
For more recipes like this one you can download my free e-book.